Monday, December 17, 2007

Posh: 'I Ain't No Mariah But I Can Sing'

Victoria Beckham is no Mariah Carey
The Spice Girl hits back at criticism surronding the reunion tour...



Victoria Beckham is no Mariah Carey but she can certainly sing, or so she says.

The Spice Girl – whose vocal ability has come under fire after she was given a catwalk strut instead of her own solo singing spot during the band's reunion tour - has defended her vocal ability.

"I'm no Mariah Carey, but I can sing” claims the 33-year-old.

"It became very obvious from the start that I was never going to be the best singer or the best dancer or the best actress. I was never a 'natural'. You know, I've never been that good at anything, to be completely honest."

Posh - who has three sons, eight-year-old Brooklyn, five-year-old Romeo and two-year-old Cruz with husband David Beckham – claims that the sole reason she agreed to the tour was so her children could see her as a ‘pop star’.

"I wanted my children to see that Mummy was a pop star” she continued “It was the last opportunity for them to stand in a crowd full of people screaming for the Spice Girls."

Victoria also revealed that her family are happier than ever after their move to Los Angeles.

She added to Elle magazine: "Going to school here, the kids are much happier. Their confidence level has gone through the roof. I'm very proud to be British, but here it's a lot more relaxed. It's the happiest as a family that we've ever been. I just love America."

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker